Notice To The Engaged Regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19)
With the recent outbreak of the Coronavirus (COVID-19), we want to assure you that we are taking the recommended precautions to ensure the safety and health of all those who visit a Catholic Engaged Encounter weekend. We are continuing to hold our scheduled retreats and events and will notify you as soon as possible should a need arise to cancel any of these events. Due to the highly contagious nature of this virus, we kindly ask that if you are experiencing any flu-like symptoms or believe you may have been exposed to the virus to please consider rescheduling your retreat in order to protect our other guests. We are currently taking the following measures to protect your health:
- Cleaning and sanitizing the bedrooms, meeting hall and common areas with each use
- Making sanitizing stations available throughout the retreat facility (including the dining hall)
- Disinfecting linens, sheets, towels and common surfaces with each use
- Temporarily removing the Holy Water fonts from the Chapel
- Temporarily suspending the offering of the Chalice during Communion
- Offering a verbal sign of peace in lieu of a handshake or hug
- Encouraging retreatants to bring portable hand sanitizer from home
- Moving our meeting space to a larger room with a designated sitting area for each couple or
outside if weather permits
- Minimizing shared resources such as snacks, pens, markers, etc.
- Removing buffets in favor of plated meals
- Encouraging the use of personal closed bottles for drinks and bringing bottled water for those
We thank you for your cooperation and assistance in doing what we can to prevent the spread of this virus. Please do not hesitate to contact us should you have any concerns.